9.02.2012

Pinterst Project : Painted Crates

I am doing Konner's room in green and blue. I found 4 black crates outside my house. On Pinterest, I saw where someone painted plastic crates and I was game. I can use them as toys boxes, hold books in, etc.  I recently painted his room Valspar's Herb Cornucopia color. Contrary to what the website shows on it's walls, it's a really light green. Really light.
 
 
 
 
Dan bought Valspar's Exotic Sea at Lowe's the other night.
I hosed off the crates, let them dry and began to paint.

 
BEFORE

 
AFTER
 
 
I only painted one because I wasn't sure what it would look like with the green on his wall. And it doesn't look good. I LOVE the Exotic Sea color. SOoooo... I am going to repaint his wall a darker green. I am notorious for changing my mind. HA!! The green that's on his wall now is from way back when I painted Konner's bathroom. I changed my mind and went with a blue. =]
I was only able to paint two crates with that one bottle.. Dan said I should be able to paint all 4.. but I wasn't. Lowe's trip in my near future for a darker green AND more Exotic Sea.
 

 

 

No comments: