7.09.2012

Rainy Day Science Experiments

For the past few days it has rained, rained, rained. I had plans to go to the beach and the rain would not let us. And the rest of this week is suppose to rain every day too. The boys and I went to get in the pool this morning while the sun was out and our pool was green!! EWWW!! We tested it and even though it is a salt water system it needs chlorine. Dan will add some when he gets home from work and hopefully it will be back to normal.

So.. to fight the boredom that my 6 year old has, I got on Pinterest and found a few science experiments to do.

Walking Water


Use too cups and put some water and a few drops of food coloring in one and place a paper towel like so and


eventually the water will ''walk'' to the other cup and fill it up.


Baking Soda & Vinegar

 
We got a 9x13 baking dish and put 3 cups in it and put some baking soda and more food coloring in each cup.


I let Konner pour the vinegar in and watch it ''explode.''

We also did Tornado in a Jar experiment too.



Then he took a nap!! Look how sweet my lil' big man is!!

Not sure what we will do tomorrow since we did this today? Hmmm..
Any ideas?

No comments: