9.20.2010

Big Brother Love



I was getting ready for bed tonight and getting things ready for tomorrow because I have a busy day tomorrow with a doctors appointment and treatment. Dan and Konner were in the living room watching the Saints play while I did my duties. I heard some music playing and wondered what they were listening too but didln't go to see. Wasn't long after that, I realized it was Konner's bedtime so I walked in there and they were still listening to it. They were watching the video that I made for Adyson's 1st birthday. Dan had his arm around Konner and I could see tears down his face. I looked down at Konner who had his head leaned up against his daddy and thought he was sleeping until I saw a tear drop. I quickly asked Dan what he was crying about and he didn't know. Dan asked him and he said with tears falling and a crying voice, "I miss Adyson!"  Oh how my heart broke. Dan and I both started bawling. He said, "My nose, my nose!" So I quickly handed him a tissue to blow his nose. We all three finished the video bawling and told Konner that it was time for bed. I picked him up and he was still crying. Trying not to cry so hard so that he could understand me, I reassured him that we will see her again when we get to Heaven and we will all be together for eternity.  

He used the bathroom and then we went to brush his teeth and he started crying again, "I miss Adyson and her tiny feet," holding his fingers up the size of her feet.  At first I didn't understand what he said because he was just crying so bad, so I asked him what he said and he tells me again. He then reaches for some more tissue to wipe his nose. 

He has always told us he missed her but never cried before now. I mean he was bawling!! All I could do was squeeze him tight and tell him we would see her one day when Jesus calls us home.

I love that boy to the bone!!

No comments: