Was suppose to have a doctors appointment this morning. I dropped Konner off at school and he stayed for Mother's Day Out which he has to be picked up by 2:15. On my way to the doctor, I got a call from his office saying he was in surgery and he would be back till around 10:30 and I could come then. Well I usually see him first thing in the morning then head straight to the hospital for my treatment and I am done by 12:30 or 1. So, I just went ahead a rescheduled for Monday morning and I just went straight to the hospital.
My awesome nurse did put the fetal monitor on me and checked Rivers heartbeat and he wasn't too happy about that. He kept kicking and moving, but he sounded great nontheless!!
The only side effect I get is being really sleepy after. Before I picked Konner up, I ran a few errands, came home and cleaned up a little bit. I went and picked Konner up and came home to get a quick nap in. Konner wasn't too thrilled about it at first, but eventually he came and layed down with me.
He was quiet for a minute, then asked so sweetly, "How is the baby doing, Mama?"
I responded by telling him that his baby is doing good.
"Are you eating good so that he grows and grows and grows, so he can come out your belly?"
"Yes baby, I am!!"
"Okay, good!"
Then he went to sleep and didn't wake up till 5.
My preacher told a story the other morning about him praying over his daughter at night before she went to bed and he stopped doing it when she got older and she missed him doing it and told him and he began to pray over her again. That really hit home to me. I have prayed for Konner but not like he had prayed over his daughter. That inspired me to pray over Konner each night. I place my hands on him and pray aloud so he can hear me. I pray for his heart to be tender, for him to grow to be a warrior for our Lord Jesus Christ, for him to not follow the sins of the world and to always lean on Him in good times and in bad times. Here lately I feel my prayers being answered little by little. Now he is still ALL boy and is still rough and tough, but still so sweet and tender and sincere at other times. Truly amazing!!
It is so important for us parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, everyone to pray for our children. They are our future. We have lost sight of God and we need to bring Him back full force and stand up for what we believe in.
No comments:
Post a Comment