9.14.2010

21 weeks

I have literally spent ALL day in hospitals and doctor's offices. Started off with my treatment this morning. Went home, got Konner and had a few errands to run. On my way, I got a phone call from my aunt saying that my mom was having another 'dizzy spell' again and if I could come get her and take her to a doctor. (She had one a few years back while at work and it just hit her all of the sudden and was passed out on the floor. The first time she was in and out for about two hours. One ambulance ride to the ER and was told she had Vertigo.)

My mom is stubborn and didn't want to go to the doctor or ER, just to go home and sleep it off. My aunt and I both said no and that she needed to get it checked out just in case it was something serious. We finally got her an appointment with a doctor in Ocean Springs and were told it was an inner ear problem. Unfortunalely, there is nothing she can do to prevent it. She was prescribed some patches to wear for three days and some pills too. He also ordered a cat scan to make sure there was no bleeding in the brain, which might have been causing her headache. So off to the hospital we went to Radiology to get the cat scan, which came back fine.

I have to give a kudos to Konner. He was such a big help today. Mama couldn't walk very fast becasue she was dizzy and almost fell over a few time. Well Konner opened her car door and even held her hand to help her (even when he saw a helicopter 15 feet away from him fixing to take off; he did get a quick glance though).

I wheeled Mama into the Radiology department and there was my Nanny and Papa (my dad's parents). My Nanny was admitted and they think she might have a blood clot in her lung. She had a CT Scan, but I am not sure of the results from that.

That's all for now. Got to get to bed, I have an early day tomorrow too. The HOG Ride and errands to run.

Please keep my Mom and Nanny both in your prayers.

No comments: