3.15.2010

Prayer Quilt



While cleaning/organizing Ady's room and closet, I ran across a prayer quilt and pillow that were made for her. They were given to us by Safe Harbor United Methodist Church of Moss Point, MS. The quilts are made by The Prayer Quilt Ministry. Also, a video of the members praying and tying the knots were given to us.  I put the video in and started to watch it and I cried sobbed. In the video it says this:

Can you touch a prayer??

Can you pull a prayer close and feel its comfort?

If you can, it's part of a prayer quilt.

The idea behind Ady's quilt is simple, yet powerful.

A heavy thread was used to take stitches through the quilt and the ends were left free to be tied with a knot.

As each knot was tied, a silent prayer was offered just for Ady.

What makes Ady's quilt so special is not the pattern or color, but the fact that prayer was symbolically tied into it.

Ady's quilt is a statement of faith and a testimony to our belief in God and in the power of prayer.


I believe it is the power of prayer that kept Ady here. God did his work through her with touching, saving, changing the lives of others. He surely changed mine, I know. After His work was done, He called her home. As a song in the video states, 'If not for Christ, I'd surely fall.. if not for Christ, I would surely break..it is to Christ I owe it ALL.'



here is the organized closet :)


You never live until you live by FAITH.

3 comments:

Sherry Bergeron said...

Truly touching Kari- thank you so much for sharing this stuff with all of us! Lots of Love honey!

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt! What a beautiful reminder it will be for you in years to come on how much your sweet Ady was prayed for!! And the closet...pulls at my heartstrings. I love you!!

Jaimee said...

Kari, I hope you and Dan and Konner enjoy the quilt and pillow for many years and know that while we were all parying for Sweet Ady, we were all praying for you and Dan and Konner as well.