3.21.2010

Life Goes On

A lot of people wonder how I can be around pregnant people and babies. I will be the first to tell ya it's not easy, but LIFE GOES ON. Yeah, I could shut myself off from people and moan and groan and feel sorry for myself and be depressed and take medicine, but I am not. God didn't promise life to be smooth sailing. He still has plans for me. I went to a baby shower today and we got into the conversation about Ady. I was telling them there were certain people I wanted to hear from when they found out she passed away. Just a simple text was all because I surely was not ready to talk on the phone or in person. The girl that is having the baby is one of them and I didn't hear from her.  Adyson's memorial is when I found out why. She felt guilty because she was pregnant and I just lost my baby. I immediately told her to not feel that way.  Although Ady is gone, I am blessed and I felt that way the day she passed away, BLESSED.  Blessed to know her.. blessed to be her mother.. blessed that her story touched many lives.. blessed that I have a miracle, Konner.. blessed that I have a husband who puts up with me. Someone said that life goes on and it does and it will go on.  God didn't promise for it to be easy and that I won't have my days, but He does promise that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Romans 8:28). It is difficult for people to see and understand how this is accomplished at times, but God has promised it, and He will deliver.

On my way home I got a call from a 773 area code. I thought to myself, 'I know this number. Where do I know this number from?' Then it hit me.  Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Why would someone from there be calling? I answered not knowing who was on the other end or what they were going to say.  Well it was a guy asking how our stay was at CMH. They just wanted to make sure we were comfortable and happy with the care when we were there. Which we were. He asked how Adyson was and I told him she passed away almost two months ago.  He said he was sorry to hear and I held it together.  He thanked me for my time and we hung up. As soon as we hung up I started crying. Seeing that 773 area code brought back so many memories. But I was soon reminded by a song that was playing that God is with me.



TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!

No comments: