4.26.2011

God's Work

I don't know if you remember this story of how Adyson changed a man's life. I read his story at her memorial service. This is a message I received from him after Adyson passed away:

Hi Kari: I am Kristi's friend who sent her the messages that you posted on your blog site. I can't tell you how honored I  feel that God allowed me to be a blessing to you and your family. I know you and your husband are hurting so much. I don't have any magic words. I just hope in time you can take comfort in the fact that I will never forget the impact Ady had on me and that I will not ever forget her. Her impact will be a part of my walk and my witness. I've been a Christian all of my life, but sometimes we get tired and get a little cold. Then God does something very beautiful to move us forward. That he used such a precious angel to do that with me is very humbling but it also makes me feel very privileged. I will keep you and you family in my prayers and thoughts. Also, just know that not only is Ady alive and healthy in heaven, but she is alive in the best part of who I am in Christ. Take care.


Easter morning I got a message on Facebook from my cousin. I have SO many memories with you.

Remember when we used to spend the night with Mamaw & Papaw and sneak in the kitchen late at night and eat pickeles with A1 sauce? I thought you were cRaZy for eating pickles with A1 sauce, but it was good. I think it was A1 sauce anyway. =] 

Or that time we were fishing at San Juan and we both thought we had a fish on our line and we were steady reeling and reeling, only to find out our lines were tangled and it was only one fish. I don't remember whose line it was on, but it was funny,

Or that time when that big boat caught on fire.

Or that gator we saw and got Uncle Ricky and I think he tried to shoot it.

Or all those times we would go out to Pine Island and jet ski with your dad and swim and run from the waves that came to shore.

Oooo... remember that time we took your dad's truck and drove around. Didn't we get caught? If not, we are caught now. bahahaha.

What perfect timing it was to receive this message, as I was feeling quite under the weather being as this was the second Easter without Adyson. It's always good to hear how Adyson has worked in people's life. My how my heart smiles when I hear stories like these. Hearing these things makes it a little easier knowing that God did this and used my daughter for his glory. Because of my daughter, I know 2 more people will live an eternal life with Him. There may be many more that I do not know about. For that I am thankful to God and praise Him even more for the works of His hands!! God did have a purpose for her and He is still working through her. To God be the glory!!!

Here it was the message said:


Kari,

This morning u were on my heart. Way before the message I posted to u on facebook. Honestly, u have been on my heart almost daily for several months. For a while I never wanted to mention things so as not to upset u or bring back "bad" memories. I gradually decided (as God decided for me) that this is not what He wanted or thought was best. Hence, some of the comments here and there I have posted in some attempt to "cheer" u up about Adyson on facebook. Well, this morning I was praying & God told me He wanted me to tell u what I honestly have been scared to tell u for whatever reason. Not that its bad or anything, just that I would never wanted to cause u any pain that was not necessary after all u have been through. But, He says to tell u, so I am.

I had been wrapped up in my own little world for a while. Not seeking Christ the way Daddy taught me to. Not even teaching my children about Him, which tears my heart out admitting that to anyone. Ur the first person I've said that out loud to, Kari. Daddy called me the day that Adyson's memorial was to tell me about it. I was again wrapped up in my own selfishness of whatever was going on & didn't come. I don't think I even felt bad about it at the time. I know that sounds so horrible when said out loud honey & I'm sooo sorry for that. It is horrible & I'm ashamed of myself. But it needs to be said. U need to know because u deserve to know.

A few months ago Kari I saw one of ur postings to ur blog that u write. I was compelled to read it. As I did, I saw ALL of ur others, & went back and read ALL of them.some made me laugh, some smile, other cry aloud & wonder as I'm sure u have many times, WHY GOD??? Through all of that, Kari, u believe that Jesus would save u & ur family & keep u close to Him & one day u would know "Why?" Honey, I never met ur Sweet Angel. I never got to hold her. To talk to her. To kiss her. To even be near her in the physical sense. But I WILL get to meet her one day in heaven.

There may be a million reasons that God took her when he did. Or there may be just one.... For her to save my life. The day I sat & read all about this little miracle, Kari, I realized I wasn't living at all. I was merely existing. I found my self crying & praying after the last entry for Jesus to come back into my heart, into my family, & gather us into His presence where u had always been even when He took ur Baby Girl. I prayed for Him to save me. To help me understand how to love ur children sooo much that u could shed ur blood for them....or let them go be w/ Him in heaven.

Ur daughter's life saved mine Kari. She opened my heart to Christ. She made see how selfish I was. She got me back in church. She showed me the Light & gave me the courage to seek It through all else.

So u see, she's not only ur miracle, she is my miracle every single day. She is my children's miracle, because of her they sit in church & learn about the Father that died for us. Thank u, Kari. Thank u for the wonderful gift u gave me by being her mother. Thank u for having the strength to write about ur deepest most intimate tragedy when u could've just went on w/ ur life & not shared any of it. U too will forever be my miracle.

I love you,
Heather














No comments: