4.05.2011

Babywise

Look at that cute little smile he was giving his Mommy




For those moms out there, you have most likely heard of the book On Becoming Babywise. It is a sleep reference guide. It talks about how important a schedule is; feed/wake/sleep. Cry-it out method is talked about which trains your child to fall asleep on his/her own.

Rivers has been on a regular schedule. Some days it is off a little, but thats okay. He has always been good about falling asleep on his own. Yes, he does cry for a few minutes. At night he has been waking up around 1 and 4 to eat. This past weekend I broke out the Babywise method on getting your child to sleep through the night. They recommend letting him/her cry until they fall back asleep. For some babies it could be 5 minutes all the way up to 45 minutes of them crying before they finally fall back asleep. So, here is how it went..

Friday-- The first night in his crib!! He went to bed at 8..cried for a bit.. woke up at 2:25 crying, wanting to eat. I told myself if he hasn't fallen back alseep by 3 then I would go in there. He fell back asleep at 2:55.. woke back up at 4:30. This time it didn't take him long to fall back asleep. 6:30 he woke up and I fed him and he went right back to sleep til 8.

Saturday-- bed at 8.. cried for a bit (not as long as Friday) woke up at 4.. fell asleep by 4:30.. and up again 7:30 and I fed him. =]

Sunday-- bed at 8.. cried for a bit (not as long as Saturday..maybe 10 minutes) ..woke up 1:15.. fell asleep by 2... back up at 7 and I fed him.. =]

Monday-- (this was not a good night) went to bed at 6:30 (what was I thinking; I was exhausted myself.. that is what I was thinking) woke up at 12:15.. he cried and cried and didn't fall back asleep.. so I fed him 2 oz around 1:15 (or did he wake up at 1:15 and I fed him at 2:15???.. oh.. I don't remember.. but you get the point..maybe I should be sleeping instead of blogging. HA!!) He woke back up at 6:30 this morning and I fed him.

During the day, when he is sleepy I put him down. He is not a snuggler like his brother was. He doesn't like to be cradled either. He is nosy and he likes to stand up to see whats going on. I try to rock him to sleep, but he won't have it. He wiggles and squirms. Which is a good thing that I can lay him down and he falls asleep with little crying. That will make it alot easier on us not only at home, but vacationing too. No one will have to rock him to sleep. And this Momma likes that!! =]

With Konner, I rocked him to sleep til he was about 7 months old. He was aleady sleeping through the night on his own. He didn't leave our bedroom til he was 6 months old. Of course he had outgrown his bassinet so we had him in a pack and play at the end of our bed. We did the cry-it out method with him and it took only two nights and he was falling asleep on his own without crying. =] Hopefully his brother will catch on soon.

I am proud of my little fella and myself for not going in when I wanted too ;) We will keep it up. Babywise does work!! I recommened it to all parents.







No comments: