12.06.2010

Busy Weekend

We usually have Konner's birthday party near the end of January after the Christmas holidays and everyone has settled down from all the hustle and bustle of going from this Christmas to that Christmas party. Well, this year we had to do it the beginning of December since Rivers is due January 22.  Christmas was the theme this year for his party. I made the invitations and the decorations, which was only a birthday banner and a Christmas tree. BUT, if I do say so myself, everything turned out great! I made sugar cookies for the kids to decorate and they also made snow globes. Things got a little messy, but the kids had fun... I think =)

One pink balloon signifying Adyson

homemade banner

Kon and his cookie

decorating cookies

making snow globes

Kon and his snow globe




singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY

the kids can never get close enough =)



Sunday afternoon we attended the 11th annual 'Lighting of the Remembrance Tree' held by Heritage Funeral Home. The staff makes a slide show of those who have past and gives out ornaments to the families who have lost loved ones the past year. The slide show started and Adyson was the first one shown. Do I need to say I cried? Konner said he wanted to get up and get the ornament so we all walked together and it was handed to him. Once again I cried, except harder this time. It was a really nice service and the staff there are so sincere. If any of the staff read this blog, THANK YOU!!

Konner with the ornament


hanging on the tree

her name in the program


Hard to believe it has almost been one year since she has been gone. Thank you LORD for giving me strength to get through it all.

No comments: