12.07.2010

33 weeks

Last week I had a 'big' ultrasound with the unltrasound tech. Dr. Bosco wanted to make sure Rivers is growing the way he should. Which he is!! Sharon, the ultrasound tech, told us that he is weighing in at 4 lbs 4 oz. He is already bigger than his sister! She was 4 lbs 6 oz when she was born at 35 weeks. YIKES!! Sharon also told us he has white hair right now, BUT it could change. The first thing that stood out when his face appeared was his BIG lips.  I was shocked!! As you can see in the picture below his hand is on his head and his leg is curled up. There was one point where his elbow and knee touched. My poor baby is so cramped in there. You can also see the umbilical cord between the face and leg. We even got to see his little booty and Konner was so happy about that =)




I was SO excited to see him, I went home and started packing his bag for the hospital. As I was getting things out to put in the diaper bag, I thought, "What all do I pack?" I even asked Dan. The last time I packed a bag was for Konner and that was 5 years ago.  I was in his room and I had put a few onesies, blankets, diapers, wipes in the bag and all of a sudden got the overwhelming feeling of sadness. (Which happens every time I go in there) His room is still decorated the way we had it for Adyson, wtih her name and dots on the wall and everything. And I started thinking about not packing a bag for her. The only thing of Rivers is the bedding and clothes in the dresser and closet.  I feel SO bad!! I didn't want Dan and Konner hear me cry so I went into Konner's bathroom and cleaned up and didn't go back in the room after that. Plus I had a jewelry party to go to that night and I didn't want to go looking like I had just bawled my eyes out.  I know the feeling will change once he makes his arrival, BUT still that room will always be Ady's too. We are even leaving one small wall decorated just for her and we are going to put a shadow box and picture of her too.

Yesterday was my ob appointment and everything is good there too =)  He did tell me that he is breech and I need to work on getting his head down by geting on my hands and knees and rocking back and forth. When he told me this I freaked out a little. I have seen those baby stories where they try and turn the baby and the lady screams because it hurts so bad!! I DO NOT want that to be me. So, what did I do? I went home and sure enough got on my hands and knees for about 5 minutes. Which I don't mind, because it also relieves my back pain =) I WILL be doing this a few times a day to get him in the direction he needs to be for delivery. Dr. Bosco is going to check to see where his head is when I go back in two weeks.

My treatment is going good today!! IV took the first time in my wrist! WOO!! HOO!! Now it's off to search the web and get some ideas on photograhing a wedding that me and a friend are shooting.

2 more treatments to go
6 more weeks until baby Rivers makes his arrival =)

No comments: