Trouble is a strange thing. It arrives in dark robes of despair and uncertainty, and not until it is already behind us do we recongnize that our unwelcome intruder has been God's love and mercy in disguise. How often the Lord uses difficulty to give us "the best" in place of "the good."
Yesterday I had a moment when Konner was at school. A couple things were on my mind. I was missing Adyson some kinda bad. The holidays are coming up and this will be the first year without her. We got through Easter, Mother's and Father's Day, and her birthday. We will face these coming days/months as we face each day; walking through grief, as there is no way around it. I just ask that you keep us in your prayers as it will be hard to go through them without her.
I am planning Konner's 5th birthday party and every where I called to book for the day I wanted was taken. UGH!! Silly me already hand made the invitations and put where it was going to be (Vancleave Library)without even checking to see if it was available. I guess I am just so excited about his party this year, that I got in a hurry. (The invitations are so cute if I say so myself) This morning I called the Vancleave Community Center to see if they had the day available and of course they didn't. All they had was November 20 or January 15. Those will not work!! The 20th is just right around the corner and the 15th is a week before my due date. I got off the phone and had a melt down. I didn't know what to do or where I was going to have his party. Luckily I did call around and booked his birthday party spot on the day that is on the invitations. All I have to do is change the 'where' by printing off the new place and gluing over the old place. WHEW!!
I so wish Adyson could be here to celebrate her brother's birthday that loves her and misses her so much and is always talking about her.
Last week we had ladies night and went to The Pottery Place in Gautier to paint Christmas ornaments. I painted a gingerbread woman for Adyson. Today I went to pick it up. Konner and I went and ate lunch, then to the mall to kill some time until they opened. While we were in Belk, we saw someone with the Southern Belle shirt that were made for Adyson. I couldn't help but stare at the shirt while her back was to me. (I know it's not nice to stare.) Although it did bring tears to my eyes to see, it also brought a smile. Sometimes it feels as though people forget, but seeing someone wearing that shirt let's me know that some have not forgotten. We picked up the ornament and although it could have been painted better in some places, it is perfect in its own way =) And Konner would not let it go. I can NOT wait to put my tree up. It may go up soon.
Although 'parts' of these past two days have been difficult, I know that my God is always right there by my side!!
No comments:
Post a Comment