The first things that came to my mind were: Adyson!! I lost Adyson!! Oh God, please let Konner be ok. My mom asked me if I was ok. I said yes and asked her about Konner because I was terrified to look back for myself. She told me that he was okay and I looked back to make sure and he was and I turned back around and lost it. I though I was going to have an anxiety attack. "Breathe Kari, breathe," is what I kept telling myself. Before we got out we prayed and thanked God for keeping us all safe.
Mom got out and I turned back around to Konner. He was upset because he saw me crying and my mascara was every where. He said, "Mommy, your eyes! Are your eyes okay?" Bless his heart, he was so worried. His shoe fell off and he was upset about that. The DVD player that is in my car fell and hit his knee and he asked me if it was bleeding. It was not. He grabbed my hand and I told him we were going to pray. He squinted his teary eyes and I prayed with him and thanked God over and over for having His arms around us and protecting us.
I still hadn't got out at this point.
Wasn't long after that, the fire department pulled up. Mom told them that there was a 7 month pregnant lady in the car and she said about 5 of them came running to me. One checked my heart rate and blood pressure, which was fine. I was also asked if I wanted to go to the hospital by ambulance and I told him no that I would just get my husband to take me.
I signed some paper work from them and about that time the cops pulled up.
One of the cops asked for us to move my vehicle from the median into the Uhaul parking lot. Mom moved it because I was too shaken up. That was the first time I got out. I walked across the street and got right back in to get my driver's license and insurance card for the cop. He gave me a card to fill out to give to the other driver. I told him what happened and got back in my car and he spoke with the other driver and finished up the paper work.
I was on the phone with Dan when the cop and other driver came to where I was. The other driver came over to apologize and told her it was okay and left.
Dan told me to check and make sure my car was drivable. Luckily the cop did it for me and we were good to go. I had Mom drive us home because I was too shook up. While driving home I got in touch with my doctors wife (which is also his nurse) and told her what had happened and she asked me how far along I was and if I had felt him move. I told her that I hadn't even noticed. She told me to go ahead and go to Labor and Delivery so they could monitor him for a little bit to make sure he was ok. She called L&D to let them know, so they were expecting me.
That's when I started freaking out (again). I sat as still as I could on the drive home and held my belly praying that I would feel him. Seemed like forever, but I did eventually start to feel him move. I was still worried something was wrong.
We got home, Konner went to my parents and Dan and I headed off to the hospital. On the way there I had so many bad thoughts come across my mind. "Is he okay? What if we couldn't get his heartbeat? Then I would have to deliver a stillborn baby. What if they tell me there is a heartbeat, but I have to deliver him tonight? Then he will most likely have to go to the NICU. Lord, this is not in my birth plan." I can hear God laughing at "MY PLAN." Dan was hungry so we stopped by Krystal's to take with us. Got to L&D and they asked if I had any bleeding or contractions. Which I hadn't. The nurses got the blood pressure cuff on me and I was set up to monitor Rivers. Praise God, his heart beat came right up. I was monitored for about 30 minutes. My doctor was called and he said I could go home because everything looked good. I did have a minor contraction they said was normal in the stressful situation I was in, but nothing to worry about. I was told to drink lots of water and just call if I had any bleeding or contractions. And, of course, feel for movement.
We got home and I put some clothes in the washer and climbed straight in bed, Caramel Frappacino hair and all. Obviously it was on my cheeks too because Dan kissed me on my cheek and said, "Yumm!! Is that Caramel Frappacino?" I started laughing and told him, "Yup!"
I didn't get much sleep at all. I kept waking up to make sure Rivers was moving. Then I would start replaying the night over and over in my head. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.
What's amazing about this story?? Before we were hit, my mom and I were talking about the Devil and God. How the Devil so easily puts bad thoughts in our minds to distract us from Jesus and make us think He is against us. If He were for us and loved us the way the Bible says He does, why would He let these things happen? Jesus IS faithful. We were also talking about different stories in the Bible and how great our God is and He will always protect us.
BAM!! We were hit. And He sent angels down to protect us. Once again He has proved His love for us.
Just because we give our hearts to Him, doesn't mean our life is smooth sailing from then on out. It is quite the opposite. We go through trials and tribulations and through all that He is teaching us that no matter what, He is always there. Oh how easy is it for us to turn away from Him in those bad times. Keep your eyes looking to Him.
My mom and I didn't realize this until we were on our road about to pull into the driveway. She asked me if I remembered what we were talking about. I stopped the car and we prayed again for His love for us and protecting us. How GREAT is our GOD!!
A few pics---driver side bumper
Starbucks in the back window
Starbucks in the front
passenger side






1 comment:
So glad ya'll were okay. Its very scary to be in any accident but especially when you are pregnant and have your baby in the back seat. God is faithful and cares for His own!!
Post a Comment