I really dislike halloween (and even dislike to say the name). It seems to bring so much evil along with it. It's an easy way to let Satan in. All the witches, demonic spirits, and darkness and scary things... TV is consumed with it. UGH!!
Even looking for fall decorations, every store and every corner you turn, halloween decor is ALL over!!
These past few days I have been researching 'Fall Festivals" and what halloween really means. I am starting to rethink these 'Fall Festivals.' One site I came across talked about having them because we feel bad that our children are being 'left out' from the trick or treating and the dressing up that we have to make something for them to do? Something to take the place of halloween since they aren't participating in the pagan celebration. Hmmmm?????
A few scripture I ran across in my research
1 Thessalonians 5:22, Avoid every kind of evil
Exodus 22:18, You shall not let a witch live.
Deut. 18:10-12, "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD…"
3 John 1:11 Do not imitate what is eveil
What do you think??
1 comment:
I think you are RIGHT!! I completely agree and am proud to take a stand for the Lord against halloween right along with you :)
Post a Comment