Went in for my weekly treatment. Usually when I get off the elevator onto the 3rd floor there is no one there. But to my surprise, in the little waiting room stood about 15 people. I thought nothing of it, just continued walking down the hall to Labor & Delivery. When I turned the next corner, there stood about 5 people outside the Labor & Delivery waiting room. Do I need to say that the waiting room was packed? ''They must be expecting some babies today,'' I thought. I pushed to button to let them know I was there and walked right in to the nurses desk. My nurse, Shannon, came around the corner and I could tell she was about wiped out already and it was only 8:30 a.m. There were NO rooms to put me in except an unused room where they used to put recovering patience for D&C's and C-section moms. There is not even a bathroom in this room. She called it the 'Dungeon Room' because it was so dark. It was really dark and had four beds with the curtains that go around each one. You know what I'm talking about? I had to snap a pic
I didn't mind being in the 'Dungeon Room'. I just watched TV and browsed the internet =) Everything went good!!
Come to find out there was 5 inductions scheduled for that day. One of which was my doctors patient and the other four were another doctors in the same office as him. The whole time I was there I only heard one baby cry. So sweet!!! 13 more weeks and that will be us hearing Rivers cry =)

No comments:
Post a Comment