Yesterday I had my 'big' ultrasound where they measure the baby and make sure everything is okay and Dr. Whittington (Chicago) wanted them to look for specific things such as enlarged placenta and whatever else. Everything looked good and he is right on track. He weighs 8 ounces. When the nurse told me this, it really hit home. You always hear about babies being born premature and a few ounces to a few pounds and you think "Oh my goodness. How tiny." Being in the NICU for so long with Adyson and actually seeing these babies that are ounces big and their skin is transparent.. man oh man. Anyways.. right after the ultrasound, I had my regular appointment. I still haven't gained any weight, which is a concern. I have been worried, concerned, anxious about all of this and really haven't had an appetite. I am on strict rules to eat more calories and those protein bars (which I have been eating). I need to stop worrying so much and do this for this baby.
Yesterday also was the beginning of my weekly treatments. I was suppose to get a PICC line (more permanent IV, so I wouldn't have to get pricked every week) but the Radiology team had meetings. We rescheduled for next Tuesday. This I am nervous about too. It's a bigger, longer needle that I know will hurt going in. I am worried about keeping it clean throughout this 4 month process and flushing it and making sure Konner is careful around me. I was talking to my best friend, who is a nurse, yesterday about it and she was asking me if they were going to put me to sleep to do it?? And she also shared the wonderful news that it's like a foot long!!! Thanks, Christy!! Good way to ease my nervousness!! =) If Adyson can do it, then her Mama can do it!!!!
Once last thing before I go-- I just want to thank you all for the encouraging words via texts, phone calls, emails. I really appreciate it. There have been many times I pick up the phone to call some of you, just to put it right down thinking 'They are busy and I don't want to bother them with what I have.' I love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment