The end of last year I ''thought'' God was telling me to go back to work. SO.. I applied to several jobs and had several interviews with a few companies. BUT nothing ever came of it. I took that as God telling me NOT to go back to work. BUT I felt I needed to do something to earn a little money but still be able to stay home with my boys.
I have been praying for some time now that I could find something to make a little extra money. Well, for the past month or so I have been blessed to be able to clean two houses. A mother and daughter actually. The daughter has a son around Rivers age, so I can bring him and he plays with his toys while I clean. It works out great! If not for these side ''jobs'' I wouldn't be able to go to Tennessee to see my cousin get married AND spend a week with family in Gatlinburg. The Lord allowed me the opportunity for these ''jobs'' at a perfect time.... HIS time.
Don't you love how HE works. If only we let Him. =]
While I think about these cleaning jobs, I can't help but think about ''cleaning'' my life. I have been struggling lately with how people are treating me and others I care deeply about. Hard to say something about someone when don't know them. And it tears me up inside. It really does. I just wanna slap them across the face with my flip flop. HA!! But seriously. Born again Christians judging and just being down right mean, hateful, harsh to others. God's Word tells us to love them anyway. It's hard to love someone when they do things like this. I am not perfect in any since of the word. I have come along way in the past few years. But I just can't see how Christians can do this. You can talk the talk but do you walk the walk?
Through this ''struggle'' I have been praying for God to guide me and tell me what I should do. AND I have also been praying for these others too. Cause crazy me feels GUILTY for the way they act and treat others and myself. For some odd reason, I feel like it's my fault and I should do something or say something. Do I leave it be? Or do I try to ''fix'' it? Although, I have let my guard down and still the treatment is the same.
On my phone I have the "Bible" app and "Words of Jesus" app. Every day when I read, there is a verse just for me.
Here are a quick few:
Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 1 Corinthians 15:33
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. "In your anger do not sin'' Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Those who have been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:25-32
Just what I need to hear from God. His timing is PERFECT!! I am in awe of Him. Complete AWE!!
I have been blessed with THE. BEST. friends a girl can ask for. Always lifting me up. And NEVER beating me down making me feel like I am less of a person than them. These girls are the sweetest, most kind people you will ever meet. That's the kind of friends I need. And God has placed them in my life at such a perfect time.
It's hard being a Christian and standing up for what you KNOW is right. We get more people ''dogging'' us (if you will) for standing up for what the Word says. Believe me when I say it is hard. Loosing Adyson was SO hard for me to wrap my brain around. How could GOD let this happen? But I can honestly sit here and tell you I THANK GOD every single day, many times a day, for blessing me the way He has. He sees further than I do. And I KNOW the outcome of my struggles today, will bring Him glory in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment