12.07.2011

Thanksgiving

**WARNING** PICTURE OVERLOAD =]

I am not kidding when I tell ya the past two weeks I have been getting back to the norm. Back to reality.
Back to life.. You know?
Our week long vacay was much needed to say the least for this family.
As I mentioned in my post the day we got home, we went to Gatlinburg, TN.
We left Sunday morning and stayed with a friend in Atlanta, then headed out Monday morning towards Gatlinburg. The picture above was taken before we left Monday.

Our GPS took us the scenic route. The back way into Gatlinburg through the mountains. Which I am so glad it did because we would not have seen the Chainsaw Art and the waterfalls and mountain views had we gone the other way.
We HAD to stop when we saw all the chainsaw art.


It was good for all of us to get out the car for a while.
And I got a few pics.

Konner was so happy he caught a lizard too.


And had we not went the scenic route we would have not gotten these pics.


Konner had a BIG wad of gum in his mouth.


It was cold and rainy (that drizzle rain), but still beautiful and the sound of the water was so peaceful.



We rode the Polar Express. We were late for our 5 o'clock train, but got to catch the 6:30 train.
While we waited, we had hot chocolate and hung out at the Train Depot.
Oh!! I also forgot Rivers bottle in the car.  Luckily we bought Konner a pretzel and he snacked on that during the ride and he was just fine =]


Dan has some family that lives in Knoxville, so Thanksgiving day we headed there to have lunch.
I got to do a load of laundry too =]


Konner eating one of those suckers that has a insect in it.


 Of course we had to eat at McDonald's. In their Happy Meals they put the "mini fries" AND apple slices.



We played a little mini-golf.


Black Friday, we went shopping in Pigeon Forge and got the boys' matching outfits for Christmas pictures (which I must get on that), and got 3 pair of boots. 2 for Dan and 1 for myself. They were buy 1 get 2 FREE!
That afternoon we went to the aquarium.


I hate frogs, but love these frogs (as long as they don't come any wear near me)
I love their colors.



Black Friday night we went back to Pigeon Forge to find Rivers some shoes.
The outlet mall was PACKED!!
It took us 1 HOUR to get from Pigeon Forge to Gatlinburg. Which, mind you, is only about 4 miles.


We had a great time.
We didn't wanna leave, but wanted to be home.
Dan talked about moving up there. HA!!
I do believe this will be an annual trip for us.
There is so much more to see and do!!

No comments: