I don't even know where to begin to describe the weekend I have had. As some of you know, I went to the E-Women's Retreat in Pensacola, Florida. With me, was a lady who is 5 months pregnant, another who has had multiple miscarriages, and me who has lost a child. This weekend was about embracing powerful peace that you can only get from the Lord. When we walked in Friday night, it was all I could do not to cry. Just to be there in the civic center full of women, all there for the same reason to praise and worship God, was breathtaking. You could feel the prescence of the Lord. That is the best feeling!! The speakers were Angela Thomas, Lysa Terkeurst, Karen Kingsbury, Sheri Rose Shepherd and Chonda Pierce. As they each spoke, I felt they were speaking directly to me. I know God used them to speak to me. Whether you have lost a loved one, having marital problems, problems with children, we all want that sweet peace that only comes from God above. They shared their testimonies and I cried because I could relate to their hurt. Some have even turned away from God, saying, "If you love me, why did you let this happen to me?" If they can overcome the lost of a sibling, an abortion, drugs and alcohol, divorce, depression and so much more, then I can overcome my hurt. And I will!! There was one common verse among a few of the speakers and it is Jeremiah 29:11 (it's at the top of my blog) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
There were two things that really stuck out to me. One was a book called Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury, about parents not only savoring the "firsts" (words, steps), but the "lasts" as well. Children grow up so fast and we miss out on alot. The other is a song that Mandisa sang called You Wouldn't Cry. She explains that she wrote this song from the people in Heaven to us on Earth. Oh my gosh!! You have to listen!
Hearing those words, I burst into tears. Ady knows what it's like at home and that is the best place to be!!
I bought Konner a book called, His Mighty Warrior by Sheri Rose Shepherd, which talks about being a courageous man of honor when he becomes a man. It's a 'two-way conversation between that King and his warrior-child.' Teaching what it really means to grown up brave, true and strong.
Although we three had all different situations going on in our lives, we still all go to the One who can give us that sweet, precious peace that passes all understanding.
What a wonderful, blessed weekend I had with some special people in my life. Thank You!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad we were able to share this weekend together. Even though our stories are "slightly" different, they are still similar enough to truely understand each other's heartache. You know I'm always here for you for anything!! Remember...God is our portion. It is ONLY through Him that we are made whole again!! Love you bunches!
Post a Comment