10.14.2011

Seal of God

For the past few weeks I have been doing a Beth Moore bible study on Revelation.
And let me tell ya, it is awesome. For some it is hard to comprehend, but Beth does an excellent job. Check into getting it for your church here.

This past week I learned something about the ''X'' that is always used for xmas.
Did you know that the ''X'' stands for Chi in Greek-- which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, translated as "Christ." 
Wikipedia explains it alot better than I can. And please don't take my word for it. Do the research for yourself. =]
The ''X'' is also the 'seal of God.'


All throughout the Bible scripture talks about the 'seal of God' or the 'mark on forehead.'
Just a few verses for you:


All this to say--
Are you sealed with the "X" on your forehead?
When Jesus comes back to get His followers, will you be one of them?






I was probably in 10th or 11th grade when we found out my Papa had bone cancer. The doctors told him he had less than a year to live.
LESS THAN A YEAR!!

This is my him, who as of 1 o'clock this morning went to the hospital and it's not looking good.
And here he is more than 10 years later, in awe of his 23rd or 24th (I can't remember what he told me) great grandchild, Rivers.


This sweet, God fearing man, has the mark/seal of God all over his forehead.



Whether God lets us keep him for a little longer or takes him I KNOW he is going to spend eternity in Heaven and I KNOW I will see him again one day.

In the meantime, I ask that you continue to pray for my family.
It has been a rough day for us all.


No comments: