Last Friday, I wrote this post about my Papa.
This week he will coming home on hospice.
He is SO ready to be home.
He knows he is dying and his will is to be at his house when he passes.
Being a Christian, I am happy that he is going to meet our Heavenly Father and that he will meet his great granddaughter, Adyson, for the first time.
But being his granddaughter and knowing how much he has helped my family and the memories I have of him, I am going to miss him oh so much.
I remember when he started digging the pond. All us grandkids would play on the BIG dirt piles and get all nasty.
I remember when the pond was done going fishing every Saturday and catching BIG ole' catfish and Papa would clean what we caught.
I remember every Sunday after church going to his and Nanny's house and eating those catfish that we caught on Saturday.
I remember my brother's and I climbing in their window when they were gone and getting food.
I remember all us grandkids would spend the night at his house and we would play in the den and play Bull (one person pretends to be a bull and crawls and charges everyone else)
I remember me and my 'girl' cousins playing in the den and selling items around the house. We would stand up on the fireplace and act like Vanna White.
So.. so.. so.. many memories.
Please be in much prayer for my family these coming days and weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment