Konner's first day of kindergarten was Wednesday of this past week. It was 'Kindergarten Discovery Day.' Just a few students from each class go (parents got to choose Wed, Thurs or Fri) and they 'discovered' a little taste of what kindergarten was going to be like.
I took this pic the night we met his teacher.
I did alright with meet the teacher. No tears, but I did feel like I could throw up.
Come Wednesday morning all day, I was sick to my stomach. I did not eat until I got home from picking him up at 2. The day could not have gone by slower than it did. I paced around this house for what seemed like an eternity anxiously waiting til I could leave to go get my baby!! Honestly, I don't think I sat down for more than 15 minutes and that was when I fed Rivers.
And that morning I was a picture taking fool. I photographed him brusing his teeth, doing his hair, getting dressed, putting on socks and shoes and watching cartoons before we left. He didn't eat breakfast. He is like his Mama, it was too early =]
Oh.. when I woke him up of course it was still dark outside and he said, "Do we go to school in the dark?" HA! I did take him outside and get a few shots out there with him in his uniform.
He said he had a great first day of school and that he didn't get in trouble.
I was sitting in the rocking chair and I saw Adyson out of the corner of my eye walking out of the hallway.
I was sitting on our chaise lounger and saw her out of the corner of my eye playing with her toys.
And a few other times, each time I turned my head so quick, but she wasn't there.
I can't tell y'all how real it was.
Konner asked me the other day if he could see pictures of her and I showed him a few and he said how much he missed her and that she would love her baby brother.
Rivers is finally crawling.
He likes to be wherever Konner is playing.
I was putting clothes away in the boys' room and I heard Konner yell, "Rivers!! You can't play with my toys! Mom!! Will you tell Rivers he can't play with my toys!!"
I knew that would happen, but who knew it would be this early!
Here he is going to where Konner is.


No comments:
Post a Comment