Well y'all.... I finished my first 5k!!
A friend of ours planned the Bulldog Dash with proceeds going to the Home of Grace scholarship program.
A few months ago, a few friends and I started the C25k program to train for it.
Mind you, NONE of us are runners, never have been. AND to top it all off, we all have had a baby within the past year.
We met up three (sometimes four) times a week to train for the big day. I know I speak for all of us when I say we totally enjoyed our training. Sweet friends, great fellowship and time away from our precious little ones =] All the while getting in shape and for a great cause!!
Here we are after the race!! Don't ya love our matching headbands?!?
We finished at different times ranging from 35-45 minutes!!
I told them if I didn't run the whole 3.2 miles that I WAS running through that finish line!! And this is me doing it!
Thank you girls for cheering me on at the finish line and for the 'stinky' hugs.
WE DID IT!!
What an accomplishment for all of us!!
I am SO proud of us!
On to the next run we go!!


1 comment:
Congrats girl! I walked the whole darn thing and came in dead last, but I loved crossing the finish line! I'm wanting to do the C25K myself just need some friends to motivate me! Good job!
Post a Comment