Hi everyone!! This is Pretzels, Konner's dwarf hamster the he got for Christmas.
We keep him in Konner's room. We are brave! This choice has worked out fine until.....
Konner decided the other day he needed to clean his hamsters room.
(it's the space on top in the pic below)
He took it upon himself to take Pretzels' room off and open the gate to his 'house' so he could clean.
I was in the living room and here comes Pretzels running down the hall with Konner close behind him. NO... he was not in his ball that we have for him to run around the house in.
I began to immediately flip out!!! I was not about to touch this thing to put him back in his cage. No way!!
I began to immediately flip out!!! I was not about to touch this thing to put him back in his cage. No way!!
My question to Konner (scared to death voice, on the verge of tears) was, "What did you do?!?!
He responds so innocently, "I was cleaning his room."
Me trying to stay calm and think of how to get this hamster back in his cage, "Konner, you are NOT suppose to open his cage without Daddy. Where is his ball?"
"I don't know, Mama."
"DO NOT take your eyes off him so I know where he goes so I can get him in a container."
By this time, Pretzels is in the kitchen under the bar stools.
I get a container and ask Konner where he went. Konner says he went into the laundry room. Now I'm thinking, "He already is behind the washer and dryer and through that vent hole and out in the world never to return."
Konner is bawling by this point. How do you tell a 5 year old his hamster is probably outside and we will not get him back? Well... I told him that there is a small hole behind the washer and dryer that he could get outside and if he goes outside we will not get him back.
Konner walks to the laundry room door in tears and says, "Bye-bye Pretzels." He then runs to his room and closes his door and cries and cries. I felt SO bad, I teared up myself.
I called Dan, told him what was going on. Thankfully he was on his way home. I closed the laundry room door and stuffed towels under the door just in case he didn't go through the hole.
Dan got home checked behind the washer and dryer and he was no where to be found.
We had to break the bad news to Konner.
My Dad comes over to get some butter and him and Dan are talking and what does Dan see coming out of our bedroom? You guessed it!! Pretzels. He runs into the pantry and Dan and my dad catch him.
Konner is jumping for joy!! Me too because I am thankful I didn't have to catch him myself and we didn't go to sleep with him in our room =)
Here Pretzel is this morning running on his wheel.









No comments:
Post a Comment