12.29.2012

Busy Christmas

We have had a wonderful Christmas holiday.
 
 
We made a gingerbread graham cracker house. The roof fell but the boys didn't care.
 
 
Konner was elated about his gifts!

 
And so was baby brother. He loves his skates and all his cars and trucks.

 
The day after Christmas we loaded up and went to New Orleans for the day and went to the aquarium, Riverwalk, and French Market.
 
 
Mommy's favorite was seeing the OWL!!!!!

 
This is as close as I will ever get to a frog... unless they end up in my house like before.

 
ALL of our favorites was the Parakeet Bay.. well besides Rivers. He did not like it one bit.
You buy sticks that have bird food on them and the birds fly right up to you and eat. Konner was scared at first but then he couldn't get enough of it. He loved it when one landed on his head.

 
Dan had 4 or 5 on him at one time. One landed on Rivers' boot and he freaked. He started whinning and shook his leg to get it off. That experience was awesome!! Totally worth the trip. I could have stayed in there the whole time.

 
Konner got to touch a stingray (top right) and all Rivers wanted to do was look for boats. (bottom right).
 
 
It didn't take long for both of them to fall asleep once we got on the road headed home. We got home around 11:30 Wednesday night and headed back Thursday to see the Insectarium or as I always said Insectisarium. bahaha.. Dan laughed and laughed at me.

 
My little insects.

 
I was amazed at all the different species of bugs there are.

 
HUGE roaches (top left) and look at that pink grasshopper. How cool!!
Konner even got his name written in insects.

 
And last was the butterflies. And one flew right up to me and stayed a while. I think he/she liked my shirt =]
 
 
And we could not leave without eating at the delicious Bubba Gump!!
 
 
And, again, both fell asleep on the way home.

 
Dan doesn't go back to work til after the new year... maybe I can talk him into bringing us to the zoo?!? Tomorrow is Konner's 7th birthday, so I could use that as a reason to go. We shall see!!
 
I hope you all have had as wonderful a Christmas holiday as we have.

No comments: