I don't know why I think I have to keep my composure all the time.
You know, keep your emotions in check.
Hold my tears in.... even if I'm alone.
And if I do cry in public, I try to "dry it up" as quickly as the tears start.
Today, I was driving down the road and BAM tears were coming.
And just as quickly as they came, I "dried it up."
But God knew I needed a good ole' cry.
A good ole' ugly cry.
Because as soon as I stopped, Amy Grants's song Better than a Hallelujah, came on.
Oh man, I lost it.
"We pour out our miseries. God just hears a melody."
"Beautiful, the mess we are."
"The honest cries of breaking hearts."
Sometimes, we do have misery.
Sometimes, we are a hot mess.
Sometimes, our hearts are broken.
And that's okay. Cry out to God. Let Him carry you through your brokeness, your misery, and your messiness. He can handle whatever you bring to Him.
(speaking to myself here as well)
Thank you Lord, for accepting me, even in my brokeness.
Thank you for Your mercy.
Thank you for Your grace.
Thank you for Your faithfulness.
Thank you for being my strength when I am weak.
Thank you for carrying me when I just can't seem to take another step.
My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.
Psalm 51:17
No comments:
Post a Comment