7.20.2010

First Treatment

My first IVIG treatment will be this Friday morning at 8.  I will be going to Labor and Delivery and have an IV put in and the treatment will take an hour. My doctor wants to do it in L&D so they can monitor the baby. After the treatment is administered I will stay for 30 minutes or so after to make sure no symptoms (nauseau, flu like symptoms, meningitis) occur.

I always get nervous and sick to my stomach before each appointment. We have tried to hear the heartbeat twice and couldn't get it.  We have seen it on ultrasound though and he/she was very active waving his/her arms yesterday.  Still too early to feel the movement. I go back in two weeks and hope to hear it then.

Myself or Dan (depending on how I feel) will update y'all on how it went Friday afternoon.

No comments: