Today did not start out so good for me. I went to see Ady this morning and they ran labs and checked the usual: platelets, PT, PTT, Glucose, TBili, etc. I was talking to her doctor and asked her how all her labs came back. They measured her liver and spleen and both have gotten bigger. UGH!! It has been 19 days since she had her 3 doses of IVIG (the medicine to treat NH). She has progressed significantly since then. Which is GREAT! I just started crying when she was telling me all this. I know we have come a long way but it is still so frustrating and hard to hear the same thing, 'waiting'. We are still just waiting to see how this treatment works. In an article that Dr. Whittington wrote he said that after the treatment it could take 30 days to 6 months til they are clear from NH.
After I left her I headed to Target. There couldn't have been a more PERFECT song to come on the radio like 'Tunnel' by Third Day. 'Pain, disappointments and sorrows', ALL of what I am feeling. But I must 'keep holding on.' I am once again amazed by God and how He knew I needed to hear this. I know He was talking to me through this song. Ahhh. What a feeling. Of course I burst out into tears again. Not only hear this song but REALLY LISTEN to the words!!
***YOU WILL HAVE TO GO DOWN AND PAUSE THE OTHER MUSIC ON THE PAGE***



1 comment:
I am so touched by your story. this is definitely,as you said, a living nightmare for a parent. Your daughter has the perfect mother and father. God knew what He was doing all along when He made you and Dan her parents. What a wonderful life this child is going to have. She is going to have a wonderful testimony as God uses her to His purpose. I say this because I have faith that the Lord is going to heal your baby. It may be a LONG ROAD AHEAD, but like I said before: AT LEAST THERE'S A ROAD. I'd also like to thank you for taking the time out of your VERY IMPORTANT schedule to keep all of us informed of what is going on with the baby. You don't have to do it , yet you do and I know everyone appreciates it. I'm sure others, like myself, have become completely amazed at this tiny little baby's strength and FIGHT! Now, when all of this is over and she is at home giving you FITS and TEST OF WILLS during terrible two's, instead of pulling your hair out, you will be remembering and PRAISING GOD! lOl Praying for your baby's healing and speedy trip to her own home in Mississippi!
Post a Comment