
I usually start my blogs about Ady with a recent picture of her. Well.. she doesnt't look like herself so I'm not going to put a pic of her. It's so hard for Dan and I to see her like this and I don't want to share that. So instead I posted this picture of a flower that a nurse colored and put above her bed.
UPDATE
Dan talked to Dr. Whittington Tuesday and he is questioning whether she has NH or not. They are getting the slides from USA of her lip biopsy to confirm. He said if she does it is a very mild case and if she doesn't then maybe an infection. They are thinking she may have something in her body that is attacking her liver and the liver is enlarging as a defense mechanism (which is good).
In the meantime, he is concerned about the hole in her heart that usually closes at birth but didn't. It will eventually close on it's on, but he wants to go ahead with surgery to close it. He said it is causing undue stress on her. We don't know when this will be. They are getting her clotting factors better before doing surgery so she won't bleed out. Whittington is going to give her another dose of IVIG just to see if that will help her any more.
Yesterday (Thursday) we talked with a lady from the liver transplant team and they are evaluating her and running test to get the start on the liver transplant. Dan will also be evaluated to see if he can donate.
Whittington said he was not sure if she was going to make it. BUT as I have said before God heals.
ON A BETTER NOTE:
Insurance will pay for our stay at the RMH and our plane tickets. I'm not sure what else. Maybe a rental car? Taking a taxi is getting expensive.
Konner is having alot of fun. He LOVES the play room and we are there 2-3 times a day. We took him to the Lincoln Park Zoo yesterday. Tuesday we went to Michigan Avenue to buy Dan a jacket at The North Face. Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Saxs Fifth Avenue, Giorgio Armani, Macy's were just a few of the shops. It was an experience in the city. BUT There is no place like home!!
No comments:
Post a Comment