11.23.2008

Sneaky, Sneaky!!

The end of last week and this whole weekend has been very lazy. We took Konner to the doctor to find out he has a sinus and 'almost' ear infection. His appetite this past week has not been to great. The doc prescribed some antibiotic. He takes his first dose of medicine Friday and doesn't keep it down. It says it may upset stomach if not taken with a 'moderate' meal which is like bread, just something light. Saturday is not a different story. This morning he wakes up bright and early. He turns on the TV and gets a rice krispie treat, the usual morning routine. He hardly ever wakes us up. I decide if he is going to eat all the rice krispie treat I better get him to take some medicine. He put up a fight but finally took it. And yes he did keep it down. Thankfully he got his appetite back somewhat today. He was playing and singing and just having a good ole' time. Well... he is playing with his puzzles and I look over to him and I know that look when he has had an accident and he says "I gotta go to the bathroom." So we hurry to the bathroom only to find he has diarrhea. Oh boy was that fun to clean up off me, Konner and the bathroom floor. After that episode he settles down a little and lays on the living room floor and rests while he watches Scooby Doo. He gets up a little while later and asks for some candy. We don't like for him to have candy on a day to day basis. Only on special occasions, which is not very often. We tell him that if he finishes his lunch that he could have a Hershey's Kiss. I was doing some scrapbooking at the bar and Dan was in the bedroom watching football and we hear Konner trying to open the pantry door where we keep the garbage can. I look up to see him with a handful of chips. I said quickly, "What do you think you are doing?" He replies with a big, huge smile, "Throwing my chips away." Uh huh! Caught ya!! Dan and I and Konner started cracking up laughing. He knew what he was doing and he knew we knew about his little scheme. That little stinker was going to throw away his lunch so we would think he ate it all so he could get a piece of candy. Gotta give it to the kid. Trying to turn one over on us. He is one smart boy. He did get a piece of candy because he did finish his lunch.

No comments: