8.28.2008
It's Hurricane Season!!
There is a possibility that Gustav will hit us. Gustav may result in our power going out. I just wanted to let y'all know that the power companies do the best they can to get everyone's power back on in a safe and timely manner. These men and women work 24/7 until the job is done. They barely have enough time to go home, eat and get any sleep before they have to be back working. Please be patient and respect these people who are working their hardest to get our power back on. My Dad and brothers work for power companies. After Katrina my Dad had a gun pulled on him because the power was not on. My Dad told the guy to do him a favor and shoot because he hadn't slept in days. Same goes for my brothers. Just remember we are all in the same situation. Let's help each other out. Bring the workers a cold glass of sweet tea :) and tell them how much you appreciate how hard they are working. And also, remember these men and women are away from their families and homes, that might possibly could have been damaged. It still scares me to this day when I know my Dad and brothers our out in the lightning, trees falling, rain, trying to get our lights back on. I always say a prayer when I hear my Dad leave and know he will be in dangerous weather. But they love their jobs!! And I'm not just talking about 'power companies'. I'm talking about cops, FEMA, Red Cross, Coast Guard, etc. They are all trying to help YOU!!! Please be safe!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment