1.04.2012

Find yourself

Another year gone. Flew by.

Another year of heartache, sadness, goodness, happiness.

The past year hasn't been easy.
There will always be trials.
There have been good times and bad times.
Ups and downs.
Highs and lows.

Laura Story hits it right on the head in her song Blessings:
"what if our blessings come through raindrops.. what if our healing comes through tears.. what if a thousand sleepness nights is what it's takes to know You're near."

The questions that resonates in my mind is "Who am I?"
"What do I want?"
"What is my purpose?"

Recently I was having a ''low'' and I asked a dear friend to give me the first Bible verse that came to her mind. She opened her Bible and this was the verse that she opened to:

''You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
LORD my God, I will praise you forever.'' Psalm 30:11-12

What a perfect verse.
God at work!! He IS good!!
Perfect verse for how I was feeling at the time.
A perfect verse for the journey the Lord has given me.

"You turned my wailing into dancing..."
just perfect.

I feel like these past few years I have lost myself.
Honestly, I have no idea if there was ever a ''me.''

You always hear of people going to ''find themselves."
Never really understood that and always thought that was crazy.
But, now... I feel I need to find myself.

No.. I am not going hiking cross country with just a back pack. HA!

I am going to be still.
I am going to be silent.
I am going to listen to God.
I am going to trust God more.
I am going to be in my Bible more.
I am going to look to myself (and God) and not others.
I am going to find out who I want in my life and who I don't want in it.
I am going to trust in myself more.

"Trust in Yourself"

God told me that one LOUD and CLEAR when I was being still and quiet.

SO.. here is to a New Year and to just being ME...
whoever that may be.


"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is good ALWAYS! He knows what we need before we even know what we need...and He always knows just when to supply those perfect blessings. He's got the BEST timing, my friend! Praying that this new year brings you an abundance of nothing but pure joy!I LOVE YOU!!