Not often I get to say those 3 words.. That's my daughter!
I went and picked up Subway for myself and Dan and I paid with a card that has the picture above of Adyson. The cashier looked at it and said, "Awe. That is so sweet. Look at her big smile! She is so happy." Then she showed the other employees. I smiled real big and said, "That's my daughter!"
That's it. Not... "That's my daughter who passed away." or "That's my daughter. She was about 3 months old in that picture."
Just "THAT'S MY DAUGHTER!!"
Three small words that mean a whole lot.
Three small words that make me smile SO big.
Three small words that bring tears to my eyes.
Three small words that I don't get to say as often as I want.
Those three small words to some people are just words, but for me they mean so much more.
They are more than just words. To me it brings so many feelings and emotions.. good and bad.
What a profound moment those few seconds were to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment