1.21.2009

Counting my blessing one by one.

My 25Th birthday is fast approaching. Many people don't realize how young I am. I sit here and track all the occurrences that have taken place in those 25 years. My how blessed and glorious my God is.

When I was about 19, I, along with 3 others, were in a drinking and driving accident. How lucky we all are for being alive. We ran a stop sign and crossed over 4 lanes and a median and flew 200+ feet into the woods. We miss a huge tree by 2 feet that other motorists had hit head on and were killed instantly. I have good reasons for despising those who choose to drink and drive.

When I was 20 I was on the verge of anorexia. June 4, 2004 is when it all changed. I met Dan that night at Magic Moments in Pascagoula. He changed my life. We got engaged 2 months later on Sunday, August 15. We said our vows June 4, 2005 in front of God (the most important) and our family and friends.

We were 3 months pregnant when we got married. It was sooner than we wanted but God had other plans for us. Our precious son Daniel Konner was born December 30, 2005. Once again my life changed. We had the responsibility of taking care of this life that counted on us day in and day out. And still does to this day. And I wouldn't change it for the world. My how fast he has grown. I have been much more emotional since he has been born. I know most moms can relate to that. :)

Dan and I always went back and forth on wanting to have another child. In July we found out we were pregnant, which again was a surprise. Five days before our first appointment we miscarried. I was only 7 weeks along but I still took it very hard. Even though from the beginning I had a hunch it wasn't going to pan out. I was put on Lexapro for a few months. The first day I took them I could tell a difference.(They helped Mom.) I still have a hard time when I find out someone is pregnant. It's not that I am not happy for them. I am truly happy, just it is still hard for me. The calm I get is when I think about God and how He is the One in control of my life and what doesn't or does happen. It wasn't the right time for us. He has blessed us with Konner and I am grateful for that. I treasure every minute with him.

The 2008 election was a disappointment to me. This is the first one I have ever been concerned about. I voted for McCain. I did not and do not believe in what Obama believes in. When president elect McCain said his speech when he did not win saying how he was sorry he "failed" us, I cried. He didn't fail us, we failed him. I do, however, believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This is all in His plan that has already been laid out. God's disclosure of Himself and His will to His creatures is coming soon. Revelation.. It's the last book in the bible. Get acquainted with it. It's coming and happening. :) I have believed this for quite a few years now.

For the past month or so Konner and I have been attending First Baptist Church Vancleave. This is the church I grew up in. I want Konner to have what I had growing up. I was always doing something with the church, whether it be summer camp, going to Gulf Shores for the day, shopping, out to eat after Sunday night service, etc. I want him to do this also with good Christian friends and adults that will encourage him not to give into temptations of drinking, smoking, etc, etc. I have already seen a change in myself since we have been going. I can't wait to see how the Lord works through our little man as he grows to serve the Lord and becomes a strong Christian man.

The year 2009 has just begun, and as most people set their New Year's resolutions to 'diet' I set mine to surround myself with Christian people and to grow close friendships. Ones who won't bring me down and make me second guess the decisions I have made. I have the devil doing that already. The ones who don't judge. I don't need 'friends' doing that too. I need friends that will support me and just be there for me when I am down and out. The ones who just lend an ear and a shoulder to cry on. And I want to be the same as well.

Just looking back on my life makes me realize how lucky and grateful I am for God putting people in my life right at the exact moment I needed it. And for the situations that I was faced with and He got me through it all. For that I will always be thankful. He amazes me everyday with His GREAT and MIGHTY POWER!! It is amazing to see how much I have grown in the past few years. All because of HIM!! I needed to sit here and remember what all I have been through. It helps me realize that God is on my side and will always be no matter what decisions I make. I know I am truly blessed from God with the caring people He has put in my life. Thanks to all of y'all!! I love you all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO proud to call you family!! You are a wonderful person, mom, and friend! God is doing awesome things in your life, and I am blessed to be able to witness it :) I feel in my heart that 2009 is going to be a great year for you! Continue to lean on Him and Him alone...He is THE answer to everything! Love you!!