Today I was off for a paid 'shopping day' my boss gives us at work. So I got up early, dropped Konner off at daycare and off I went to Mobile. I had some things that I had bought on Black Friday that I needed to exchange. Well, a need to exchange a few things turned into a need to buy EVERYTHING. :) Konner for sure does not need any more toys, but I just can't help but to want to buy him more for Christmas and his birthday. I am not going to not buy him toys because every one else is going to give him too many. I am seriously thinking about setting a limit. A limit for myself as well. Jesus only received 3!! I don't know when enough is enough!! Dan every year tells me that we bought him enough toys. It's hard to listen. He needs clothes more than anything. So I bought him some. :) I am picky about what he wears. I don't like clothes that have characters on them. I won't put them on him. Sorry!! Graphic Tee's are fine. I bought him some underwear that have cars on them (I didn't know until I opened them) and I still have a hard time putting them on him.
I always get overwhelmed this time of year because of Christmas and his birthday being 5 days apart. There are always too many toys around this house it's just plum ridiculous. There are still toys he got last year that he has played with maybe 5 times if that. This year I think I have been much better if I have to say so myself. Although I still want to buy him more!! But what mother doesn't feel the same way I do?? On the other hand maybe I am the only one.
1 comment:
You're funny! I do the same thing with Olivia, but it's usually with the little cute clothes in the boutiques instead of toys...which is probably worse :) And I'll remember not to get Kon anything with characters on it for his birthday...HA!
Post a Comment