9.06.2008
Softball Game
Dan and I played in a co-ed softball game last night. They didn't have enough girls so I said I would play so they wouldn't have to forfeit. Dan subbed running at first then filled in for Shane in left center. We both haven't played in 4 or 5 years, so needless to say we were both out of shape. I have to say that we played great. I played second and short stop. Dan played left center. We were fielding and the biggest guy on the other team got up to hit. He reminded me of Michael Clark Duncan from The Green Mile. The first time he batted he hit to left center and Dan caught it and got him out. By the second time he got up to bat it had been raining. Of course the bats and balls were wet and slippery. So he gets up to bat and I'm playing short stop. The whole time I'm thinking he is going to hit it to the out field again. Wrong thinking. He hit it straight to me. The ball bounces off my glove and hits me in the stomach and it hurt. But I didn't let that stop me from picking the ball up and throwing it to first. I was so close to getting him out. I have this red round spot now where the ball hit me. We lost but still had fun playing. Our legs are so sore this morning we can barely move. We need to get back in shape. The Fall season starts in September and I think we are going to play. I know Konner will have so much fun watching his Mom and Dad play. It won't be long we will be watching him play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment