12.03.2013

O Christmas Tree

I have to be honest. I haven't been thrilled about Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching. I didn't even take out my fall decorations (which has a cute owl pillow). There are many reasons why I just wanted it all to shimmy on by in a quick hurry to be on to the next thing.
With all that being said, I do have kids and Dan said he wanted to get a real tree this year. So I said if we were going to get a real tree, I wanted the whole experience for the boys. You know, go to a tree farm and walk through all the trees until you find just the perfect one, take a picture with your kids by it and then a picture of the tree on your car or in our case in the trailer we brought.
So that's just what we did!!
 
 
 
The boys had so much fun running and playing through the trees. We weren't out of the car yet and Konner already said he saw the one he liked.
 
 
The perfect tree!!
 
 
We let the boys ride in the trailer to go pick up the tree.
 
 
And there she is!! Our Leyland Cypress Christmas Tree!!
 
 
Charley girl had a great time picking out her first Christmas tree!
 
 
 
I love our tree!! BUT-- my really nice, heavy ornaments won't stay. The limbs are too flimsy.
The boys love their tree and I do too!! We even put a little one in their room.

 
And, Buddy, our elf showed up!!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: