9.07.2013

All I Wanted Was A Haircut | {Charley's Birth Story}

Thursday, August 22, around 2 a.m., I woke up with some contractions. I thought nothing of it since I had been having them for a month or so already. Until, they didn't stop. So, I started to document them. As you can see nothing major.
 
 
I was already going to the hospital for my last treatment, so I just let the nurse know when I got there about my sleepless night. I was checked to see if I had dilated (hadn't) and she hooked me up to monitor Charley while I received my treatment. I had a few pretty intense contractions here and there. One specific one that put me in tears. But they still weren't "timable." Did I mention my regular doc was in Chicago? The doc on call said she would let me have some pain medicine, but I declined. For one~ I wasn't going to be there all day and I needed to drive myself to get a haircut (to prepare for arrival day-- Tuesday) and back home. For two~ my contractions weren't steady.
Dan came to check on me around 10. Still nothing major was happening.... that I knew.
My treatment finished about 10:45 and I was checked again- not dilated anymore- but my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart. I had no clue. Nurse left to call doc on call and I told Dan there was no way they were letting me go home with my contractions being that close together.
Low and behold she came back in and said C-section was scheduled for 12.
AN HOUR AWAY!!
Dan and I were both in shock. He asked my nurse if she was kidding and she wasn't. Talk about hurry/scurry mode!! Dan was suppose to host a seminar at work and had to call and cancel that and he called our parents. I text my friends and they all freaked out and hurried to get to the hospital in time! I can't help but laugh about those texts.
 
 
My mom checked Konner out of school and got Rivers from my Mamaw's and came to my house and grabbed my bags.
 
During all the craziness of everybody rushing to get to the hospital, I was FREAKING out!!! Even shed a few tears sobs. I was scared to have a C-section. Terrified!!
 
This was not MY plan on how my delivery was suppose to go.
It was suppose to be scheduled for the following Tuesday.
My hair was suppose to be cut and fixed.
I was suppose to have my big camera and not just my camera phone.
My doctor was suppose to be present.
My kids were suppose to be in their cute "Big Brother" shirts.
Friends and family calmly waiting in the waiting room
 
If there is ONE thing the Lord teaches me daily, is this life I live is HIS.
And His plan was for me to have my C-section August 22.
His plan was for my hair NOT to be cut and fixed.
His plan was for me NOT to have my big camera.
His plan was my doc NOT to be present.
His plan for my kids NOT to be in their "Big Brother" shirts.
His plan for everyone NOT to be calmly waiting but frantically rushing around and forgetting their purse.
 
Around 12:30, I was wheeled into the operating room and was given my spinal.
The spinal did not take and I had to be put to sleep, which meant Dan was not allowed in the room with me. He was allowed in after she was born.
Charley Hope Cheramie made her grand entrance into the world at 1:15 p.m.
 Weighing 7lbs 13oz (not 10lbs like we thought)
 20 inches long
 
 
We have settled right into our little family and are loving every minute of it.
 
 
 
P.S. I still need a haircut!
 
 
 

No comments: